Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Evaluation
- The Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study (APPLES) Interim Report, June 2007
- An Effectiveness-Based Evaluation of Five State Pre-Kindergarten Programs, 2008
- The APPLES Blossom: Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study (APPLES), Preliminary Results through 2nd Grade, Interim Report, June 2009
- Frede, E. C., Barnett, W. S., Jung, K., & Esposito-Lamy, C. (2010). Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study (APPLES): Year one findings. Childhood programs and practices in the first decade of life: A human capital integration (pp. 214-231). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Frede, E. & Barnett, W. S. (2011) New Jersey’s Abbott Pre-K Program: A model for the nation In E. Zigler, W. Gilliam, & W. S. Barnett (Eds.), The pre-k debates: Current controversies & issues. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
- Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study: Fifth Grade Follow-Up, March 20, 2013
- The Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study (APPLES)
- Barnett, W. S. & Frede, E.C. (2017). Long-term effects of a system of high-quality universal preschool education in the United States. In H.-P. Blossfeld, N. Kulic, J. Skopek, & M. Triventi (Eds.), Childcare, early education and social inequality: An international perspective. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- State Prekindergarten Effects on Early Learning at Kindergarten Entry: An Analysis of Eight State Programs, March 26, 2018