NIEER Founder and Senior Co-Director W. Steven Barnett Ph.D. presented research on different preschool funding schema drawing from national models, highlighting cost of quality and state education infrastructures, and effective state support systems during the Council of Chief State School Officers summit in January 2018.
His presentation identified key policy decisions:
- How is Pre-K funding raised?
- Multiple state funding streams available
- Local funding
- Federal funding
- How is Pre-K funding distributed?
- Formula or Grant
- Available for all eligible or cappe
- How much Pre-K funding do you need?
- Number of children to serve
- Goals and features of the program—cost per child
- What revenues/resources are already available
Click to Download