Menu Close

Preschool Matters Today

Calling All Doctoral Students: Dissertation Funding Available

March 24, 2010

Child Care Research Scholars grants are available to support graduate students as a way of encouraging child care policy research. Eligible applicants include doctoral level graduate students enrolled in accredited public, state-controlled, and private institutions of higher education, including Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs), and faith-based institutions of higher education. Applications are due May 3, 2010.

Applicants may apply for project periods up to two years and will be awarded up to $30,000 for the first year and up to $20,000 for the second year of the project. Five individual grants are expected to be awarded. For information about previous Child Care Research Scholars, see . Those with questions can email the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation child care research grant review team at or call 1-877-301-6977. Visit the HHS Grants Forecast site at to learn about upcoming funding opportunities from the OPRE.